Comcast (Cable based internet)
- Will offer Internet Essentials for 2 months - apply online or call the numbers listed below
- Begins March 16, 2020
- Eligible households are NEW customers only
- Must have students in grades K-12 and/or college
- After the first two months expire, you can cancel the service or keep it as a regular paying Internet Essentials customer
- In 7-10 days you will receive an easy to use self-install-kit that includes a cable modem with a WiFi router
- No term contract or credit check and no shipping fee for equipment
- Requirements: one or more members of your household must be eligible for public assistance programs such as:
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Housing Assistance
- Those interested in enrolling are asked to apply online
- The website also includes the option to video chat with customer service agents in American Sign Language. There are also two dedicated phone numbers 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
Comcast Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone (Un-verified)
This only applies to commercial Xfinity WiFi and not residential Xfinity routers/WiFi
- Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers.
- For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi.
- Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.
CenturyLink - Lifeline (Phone Line based internet)
- Contact support via
- 800-244-1111 or 877-391-1117
AT&T Public Wi-Fi
- Similar to Xfinity - See AT&T support page for notes on how to find and connect to one of their public hotspots.
- Where available, shows up as att-wifi or attwifi in list of available networks.
- Available no later than by May 8, and be capable of speeds of 30 Mbps: 100 Mbps (upload and download) for most of the projected coverage areas (about 2,400 homes).
- Starting package $149 for installation and $49 dollars a month for up to 40 Mbps package without a router (and $59 with a router).
- For more information regarding this service, interested residents are encouraged to contact Netwave Broadband at 952-209-0900.
Shakopee Public Schools will offer a limited quantity of Verizon\T-Mobile internet access hotspots
- Reserved for students in grades K-12
- Students/Parents can work with building administration to request a hotspot
Regular Internet Connection Support
PCs for People - Reduced rate internet
- Hotspot Purchase $60
- Monthly Charge $40/3 months
- Address: 1481 Marshall Ave, St. Paul, MN 55104
- Call 1-651-354-2552
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office hours:
- Monday - Friday 9 am - 5:30 pm
- Saturday 9 am - 4 pm